Thursday, March 17, 2011

MICA 10K... Lessons learned

This is me saying "horrible", which was how I thought the race went. First of all, my little rant about the race is that just because it is not pavement does not mean it is a "trail race". All dirt roads and 1 mile of paved road over six miles. It was not a single "trail". However, it was also not easy. Glad that my mom was able to come to a race, kinda wish I had a better performance.
My lessons learned:
1. If I want to run better than the 53:52 that I ran, maybe I should train.
2. If your legs hurt from the race the previous weekend, running a 10K is not a recovery.
3. Hills suck when all you run is flat pavement.
4. Racing is fun until you get passed by the fat girl in the hooded cotton sweatshirt, then you feel like walking.
5. You don't impress anyone by starting in the front of the pack if you don't maintain that standing till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment