Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Family

For those of you who don't know everyone in the picture this is Alex (Christie's cousin), Michael (Christie's brother), Christie and of course, me. Alex has been working in missions down in Argentina for the whole year and he came back to be at his mom's wedding. What an awesome guy! Most of why I posted this (other than because it is just a good picture), is because Christie and I are so lucky. As we were driving home last weekend we were talking about how fortunate we were to still have our families together. Of course, I am talking about immediate families here. Even though I know that my parents and my in-laws have had their marital troubles they have weathered storms TOGETHER! I feel really grateful to have that example in a day where 1 out of every 2 marriages don't make it.
I am super happy for Christie's aunt who got remarried and am not writing this in a negative light at all. I just know that we are fortunate. Congrats to my parents who celebrated 30 years last year, my in-laws who are celebrating 30 this year and my grandparents have been married OVER 60 years. Christie and I will celebrate 5 at the end of this year. I sure hope the next 60 years for us will be as great as the first 5.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, each year just gets better and better as you share life together, forever. We've weathered 30 years of ups and downs, always grateful for the precious gift of each other. Our path together is and always has been an exciting adventure. Live in devotion and faithfulness,seeking the joy in shared simple pleasures. And, you will, as we have, discover a greater love, a greater blessing.

    ReplyDelete