Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Instead of studying...

Christie won a radio drawing and got two tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert in Augusta. Even though I am not the biggest country fan Christie still invited me (how sweet). I sure am happy I went. Christie and I had a great evening and the show was great! The meet and greet passes were super cool. She is tiny, I felt like I was going to break her hand when I shook it. It was funny, right after the first song she sang, a guy sitting in the group of people behind us said, "You know I always thought she was overrated but man, that girl can sing!" I was very impressed with her talent and the show was very entertaining. Christie and I agreed that she sounded better in person than on the CDs, how many artists can you say that about these days?
The reason I titled this entry, "Instead of studying" was because I had an exam the day after the concert. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity to have fun with Christie and go see a concert I bought a 5 hour energy drink and stayed up all night after the concert. 5 hour energy is actually 4 hour energy. I crashed at 4 am. But I managed to pull it together and made it to the exam and did fine. That afternoon I fell asleep while talking to my mom on the phone (sorry mom :) I guess I had used up all I had in the tank. It was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment