Monday, May 17, 2010

Vacation at HHI

I have officially started studying for the step 1 board exam now but before I got started, Christie and I went to Hilton Head for a week to forget about school, work and everything else. It was absolutely beautiful and we enjoyed every bit of being there. One of our favorite things to do is to ride the beach cruiser bikes to a restaurant for breakfast. I couldn't count how many times I said that I would love to live somewhere that we could do this and not be on vacation. It is just so relaxing and enjoyable. Here's hoping that our next city will love bikes as much as we do.

Of course, what beach vacation is complete without some time on the beach. Unfortunately, in years past the sun and I have not had the best relationship. I have been stubborn about using sunscreen and usually end up with a painful burn... well not this year! Check out my new digs (above), that tent was great and I used sunscreen. After staring at pictures of melanomas all year I decided I didn't want to end up an example on a medical school powerpoint slide, so I am now a religious sunscreen user. I was able to stay on the beach for hours under my little tent and read my book and drink my Coronas. I read "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall this week and I will not turn this blog into a book review forum but, what a great book! It was an easy read and really enjoyable, I highly recommend it even if you are not a die hard runner. All in all it was a great trip and boy was it hard to pack up the car and leave, but duty calls. On to the board review books, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Toooo many Coronas and you'll have to run a whole lot more to work off a beer belly !!
    Glad you had time to rest your mind and your body.......now back to work, right??
    Love the tent, too.

    ReplyDelete